White Floral Cotton Table Linen Set from Guatemala, "Poinsettia Grace"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Crimson and emerald poinsettias dance across a snow white background in this beautiful table linen set. Guatemalan artisan Eladio Chiroy weaves the tablecloth and napkins from cotton on a foot loom.
- 1.60 kgs
- 3.5 lbs
- Table cloth: 200 cm L x 140 cm W
- Table cloth: 79" L x 55" W
- Napkins (8): 35 cm L x 35 cm W
- Napkins (8): 13.75" L x 13.75" W
- Table cloth: 250 cm L x 140 cm W
- Table cloth: 98" L x 55" W
- Napkins (10): 35 cm L x 35 cm W
- Napkins (10): 13.75" L x 13.75" W
- Table cloth: 300 cm L x 140 cm W
- Table cloth: 118" L x 55" W
- Napkins (12): 35 cm L x 35 cm W
- Napkins (12): 13.75" L x 13.75" W
He is helping his youngest son finish his studies.
Eladio uses a handloom to create his textiles. He was taught by his father at a young age and he recognizes its importance to Guatemalan culture and history. Before he started weaving as a NOVICA artist, he was a school teacher and kept a handloom in his classroom so he could teach any students that were interested in weaving.
This artist is currently supporting and providing for the education of their children, grandchildren, or children in their community, whether it be at the primary, secondary, or university level.
This artist positively impacts their community through job creation and provides jobs for 2 or more people.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
This artist is an elder master and continues to actively practice their craft.
This artist has dramatically improved their livelihood by working with NOVICA.
This artist is currently confronting a major life challenge.
Eladio and his work have been featured in several books.