Striped Cotton Sling in Goldenrod from Guatemala, "Nahuala Passage"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Working with local artisans, the Aj Quen association of Guatemala presents this stunning sling. The artisans draw inspiration from the beauty of Nahuala, hand-weaving the sling of cotton to feature goldenrod and multicolored stripes that are elaborated with entrancing patterns. Worn over the shoulder on an adjustable strap, the sling features a drawstring closure, which opens to a cotton lining complete with an inner zipper pocket for storing small items.
The Aj Quen Association is one of the oldest weaving associations in Guatemala. It was founded as a non-profit development entity in 1989 through the efforts of six different artisan groups from various regions of the country. These groups came together to help preserve their cultural identity and to better market their art.
- 0.26 kgs
- 0.6 lbs
- Bag: 36 cm H x 29.5 cm W x 11 cm D
- Bag: 14.25" H x 11.5" W x 4.3" D
- Strap: 39 cm min L - x 142 cm max L x 5 cm W
- Strap: 15.25" min L - x 56" max L x 2" W
- Drop length: 11 cm min L - x 66 cm max L
- Drop length: 4.3" min L - x 26" max L
- 100% cotton; cotton lining
- Adjustable strap(s)
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Dry on low heat cycle
- Machine wash separately in cold water
- Features a drawstring closure
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Guatemala.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
This artist is currently supporting and providing for the education of their children, grandchildren, or children in their community, whether it be at the primary, secondary, or university level.
This artist positively impacts their community through job creation and provides jobs for 2 or more people.
This artist striving to supporting their own or their family's basic needs and improve their livelihood.