Striped Blue 100% Alpaca Knit Cardigan, "Texture Trove"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Artisan Ana Fernandez of Peru designs this knit cardigan of sumptuously soft 100% alpaca wool. The long cardigan features stripes of blue and green, a subtle diamond stitch pattern, and a button-front closure with coconut shell buttons etched with a floral motif.
"For me, designing is a fusion of ideas," comments the artisan. "I blend fashion trends with my own favorite sources of inspiration, which are Victorian textiles and our Peruvian culture. I love designing apparel of alpaca wool and cotton because this really makes a contribution to society. It lets me give jobs to local people, especially women who want to get ahead and move to central Peru seeking a better future.”
- 0.45 kgs
- 1.0 lbs
- Garment Measurements
- 72.39 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 99.06 cm Bust/chest x 77.47 cm Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 28.5" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 39" Bust/chest x 30.5" Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 69.85 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 93.98 cm Bust/chest x 76.2 cm Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 27.5" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 37" Bust/chest x 30" Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- View size chart
- 100% Alpaca
- Features a button closure
- Dry cleaning recommended
- Dry clean or hand wash in cold water
- Extra button(s) included
- Textile softness: Soft--this item has been made with fibers that are soft to the touch
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Peru.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Andes
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
This artist positively impacts their community through job creation and provides jobs for 2 or more people.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
This artist has dramatically improved their livelihood by working with NOVICA.
This artist supports children under the age of 18.