Recycled Papier Mache Seashell Necklace from Thailand, "Seashell Spiral"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
An exciting accessory for both men and women, this necklace circles the neck on a length of adjustable cord. At the center of the necklace is a pendant in the shape of a spiraling, archaeological seashell painted with tones of blue and brown, accented with petite coconut shell beads. Somyot Sawasdee of Thailand designs this pendant necklace, using recycled papier mache for an eco-friendly accessory.
- 7 grams
- 0.25 oz
- Cord length: 39 cm min L - x 76 cm max L
- Cord length: 15.25" min L - x 30" max L
- Cord width: 2 mm
- Cord width: 2 mm
- Pendant: 3.5 cm L x 2.7 cm W
- Pendant: 1.4" L x 1.1" W
- Recycled papier mache, cement, coconut shell, nylon cord
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Promotes recycling and reduces waste
- Sliding knot
- Free Jewelry Packaging? Yes
- Premium Jewelry Gift Box? Yes
- Made in Thailand.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Thailand
Somyot is a dedicated artisan concerned with the environment. He often offers training sessions at his workshop to teach the special techniques needed to produce environmentally-friendly art from recycled materials. He uses these sessions to help cultivate a respect for the environment among younger artisans and encourages them to sell the products they create at the workshop training sessions. He also employs assistants to help with the crafting of his artwork. His older sister helps him with the accounting.
Somyot received the 2016 OTOP Product Champion Award
This Product is awarded the Earth Friendly badge because it uses recycled or sustainable materials or techniques.