Recycled Papier Mache Leaf Pendant Necklace from Thailand, "Leaf Slab"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This archaeology-themed accessory from Thailand features circular designs on one side and a fossil-like leaf imprint on the other, painted with a green, antique color. Somyot Sawasdee designs the necklace, handcrafting the pendant of recycled papier mache for an eco-friendly accessory. Petite coconut shell beads complete the necklace, adorning the neck on a length of adjustable cord with a mango wood bead.
- 13 grams
- 0.44 oz
- Cord length: 42 cm min L - x 88 cm max L
- Cord length: 16.5" min L - x 34.5" max L
- Cord width: 1 mm
- Cord width: 1 mm
- Pendant: 6 cm L x 5.2 cm W
- Pendant: 2.4" L x 2" W
- Recycled papier mache, cement, coconut shell, mango wood, nylon cord
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Promotes recycling and reduces waste
- Free Jewelry Packaging? Yes
- Premium Jewelry Gift Box? Yes
- Made in Thailand.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Thailand
Somyot is a dedicated artisan concerned with the environment. He often offers training sessions at his workshop to teach the special techniques needed to produce environmentally-friendly art from recycled materials. He uses these sessions to help cultivate a respect for the environment among younger artisans and encourages them to sell the products they create at the workshop training sessions. He also employs assistants to help with the crafting of his artwork. His older sister helps him with the accounting.
Somyot received the 2016 OTOP Product Champion Award
This Product is awarded the Earth Friendly badge because it uses recycled or sustainable materials or techniques.