Jade and Leather Wristband Bracelet from Guatemala, "Black Fortress"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Adding a bold touch to any wardrobe, this wristband bracelet circles the wrist with a strip of adjustable black leather. Pablo Roquel of Guatemala designs the bracelet, centering it with a stone of black jade.
- 34 grams
- 1.21 oz
- 16.51 cm min L - x 20.32 cm max L x 2 cm W
- 6.5" min L - x 8" max L x 0.8" W
- Jade, leather, brass snaps
- Avoid contact with water
- Natural stone - some variations in color and/or pattern are to be expected
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Snap clasp
- Free Jewelry Packaging? Yes
- Premium Jewelry Gift Box? Yes
- Made in Guatemala.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America
Pablo works with jade and silver to create beautiful jewelry. He feels inspired by the history of jade in Central America with its importance dating back to Maya times. He teaches anyone in his community who is interested in his techniques and how to work with Guatemalan jade.
In 1998, the government held a competition where artisans were invited to showcase their work, Pablo was awarded first place for his jewelry.
Pablo has been able to successfully grow his workshop and now creates jobs in his community to keep up with the demand for his designs.
Pablo Roquel has received 3 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $800 and the most recent for $1100.
Pablo has three children and two of them are young enough to still need his support.
Pablo creates jobs in his community through the success of his work.
Pablo financially supports his children's education.