Handmade in Bali 925 Sterling Moonstone Black Cord Bracelet, "Elegant Doves in Black"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Ponder these messengers of peace in a handcrafted charm bracelet by Bali's Ketut Sulastri. Sterling silver disks depict graceful doves on the wing. They hang from a black braided cord studded with lustrous rainbow moonstones. A larger moonstone bead adorns the clasp.
- 3 grams
- 0.11 oz
- Bracelet: 17 cm min L - x 19 cm max L x 0.2 cm W
- Bracelet: 6.75" min L - x 7.5" max L x 0.1" W
- Charms (each): 1.8 cm L x 1.1 cm W x 0.1 cm D
- Charms (each): 0.7" L x 0.4" W x 0" D
- 925 sterling silver, rainbow moonstone, moonstone, nylon cord
- Natural stone - some variations in color and/or pattern are to be expected
- Lobster claw clasp
- High polish finish
- Free Jewelry Packaging? Yes
- Premium Jewelry Gift Box? Yes
- Made in Indonesia.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Bali and Java
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Ketut Sulastri's jewelry incorporates traditional Balinese jewelry designs and contemporary trends. She happily teaches silversmithing to her assistants, and others interested in learning the art, but finds that many younger artisans are more interested in braiding, macrame and non-traditional techniques.
Ketut Sulastri began to work with silver at the age of eight. Her family was poor and they needed the money for food. She also used her income from silversmithing to pay her school fees. Today she has her own workshop and is very happy to provide work for other women in her community.
Ketut Sulastri's Novica sales account for over 50% of her income. They not only bring stability to her workshop, but they enable her to employ assistants and give work to other women in her community.
Sulastri does not have children of her own but she provides for the care of her nieces and nephews.
This artist has dramatically improved their livelihood by working with NOVICA.