Hand Made Cotton Figurines and Bag (Set of 12) Guatemala, "Worry Doll Dancers"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Wearing a variety of colorful cotton dresses, 12 Guatemalan worry dolls preserve Maya traditions. Originally made in honor of the Mayan sun god, these diminutive figurines are handcrafted by the Lopez Garcia Family in the style of quitapenas, or "worry dolls," designed to provide comfort and store preoccupations. The set of twelve arrives with a colorful cotton bag.
- 71 grams
- 0.2 lbs
- Each (12): 7.62 cm H x 5 cm W x 1.5 cm D
- Each (12): 3" H x 2" W x 0.6" D
- Bag: 17.78 cm L x 15.24 cm W
- Bag: 7" L x 6" W
- 100% cotton, polyurethane, tule, nylon, paper
- Not a toy. Not intended for use by children age 12 or under.
- Not a toy and not intended for use in or near cribs, beds, playpens, or carriages
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Guatemala.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
This artist is currently supporting and providing for the education of their children, grandchildren, or children in their community, whether it be at the primary, secondary, or university level.
This artist positively impacts their community through job creation and provides jobs for 2 or more people.
This artist striving to supporting their own or their family's basic needs and improve their livelihood.
Lopez Garcia Family has received a $150 microcredit loan with 0% interest.
This artist's work has been featured or recognized in media outlets.