Beaded Sese Wood and Iron Candle Holder from Ghana, "Helpful Araba"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
For a unique addition to your home decor, this candle holder is crafted of sese wood and iron in the shape of a person. Ghana's Rita Addo Zakour designs the candle holder, accentuated with colorful beads of recycled plastic. She names the candle holder Araba, a Fante name for a girl born on Tuesday.
- 0.29 kgs
- 0.6 lbs
- 10.7 cm H x 10.7 cm W x 36.5 cm D
- 4.2" H x 4.2" W x 14.25" D
- Sese wood, iron, aluminum, brass, recycled plastic
- Candle(s) not included
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- For use with a votive or small pillar candle only
- Keep away from children and pets
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Ghana.
- Certified and shipped by our office in West Africa
Rita has three children. Two of them are currently in the university and one studies in a vocational school.
Rita Addo Zakour has received 6 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $400 and the most recent for $2050. Proceeds were used to purchase raw materials such as wood and paints.
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
This artist striving to supporting their own or their family's basic needs and improve their livelihood.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Every purchase from this artist has a profound impact on their livelihood and income.