Adjustable Cotton Baguette with Faux Suede from Guatemala, "Ancestral Classic"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
From a young age, Guatemala's Cristina Sajvin has been learning the art of textiles from her mother. She uses cotton to diligently hand-weave classic ancestral patterns on the telar de cintura, or backstrap loom, featuring intricate earth-tone patterns. This baguette is completed with sepia-colored faux suede accents, including two handles and an adjustable strap. It opens with a zipper to a lined interior in black. On the sides of the bag are two handy pockets for storing small items.
- 0.36 kgs
- 0.8 lbs
- Bag: 20 cm H x 28.5 cm W x 14 cm D
- Bag: 7.75" H x 11.25" W x 5.5" D
- Handles: 52 cm L x 2 cm W
- Handles: 20.5" L x 0.8" W
- Handle drop length: 24 cm from strap to bag
- Handle drop length: 9.5" from strap to bag
- Strap: 82 cm min L - x 148 cm max L x 2 cm W
- Strap: 32.5" min L - x 58" max L x 0.8" W
- Strap drop length: 38 cm min L - x 74 cm max L
- Strap drop length: 15" min L - x 29" max L
- 100% cotton with polyester accents; polyester lining
- Features a zipper closure
- Adjustable strap(s)
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Wipe with a damp cloth
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Guatemala.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America
This artist is currently supporting and providing for the education of their children, grandchildren, or children in their community, whether it be at the primary, secondary, or university level.
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
This artist striving to supporting their own or their family's basic needs and improve their livelihood.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
This artist shows a lot of talent or potential and is in their late teens or twenties.
Every purchase from this artist has a profound impact on their livelihood and income.
This artist supports children under the age of 18.